Followers

Monday 25 May 2009

Another Treasure Box

Well, it's been over a week since I last posted but we have had a deluge of visitors this week with a very welcome visit from our friends Linda and Steve who are over from Kuala Lumpur. We haven't seen them since last October so it was great catching up. Then of course we had the brilliant weather over the weekend and I do feel guilty staying inside crafting when I should be out in the garden working!!!! LOL

I decided I wanted to make another Treasure Box but looking through my stash didn't really have any suitable material but then found a large piece of Thai silk which I bought last time I was in Thailand. I wasn't sure whether it would be okay but was worth a try. Then I had a problem for a co-ordinating fabric for the padded inserts in the drawers and in the lid. Couldn't find anything til I started looking through my fabric that I use with my embellishing machine and "hey presto" I found some gorgeous bronze organza which went so well with the Thai silk as it has a bronze sheen to it when you turn it different ways. I even found a button to match for the embellishment on the top!!


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful box Karen, just love the colours.


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely box - you were brave using silk and organza! It tends to fray too easily for my liking so I chicken out and stick to cotton.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)