Followers

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Etui Box

I had a great day yesterday with the lovely Dee Wallis at her home making an Etui box (embroidery/sewing box). I met Dee at Dillington House a while ago where she was taking the workshop on Treasure Boxes. I completed the whole box whilst I was at Dee's and just had to finish off the embellishment when I came home. Routing round my buttons to find something suitable I came across a little bag of sewing implement buttons and the cotton reel matched perfectly!!! Yet another instance of Serendipity.... Thanks for looking.



2 comments:

  1. Well done for getting your etui finished and I love the fabric. I've not actually made one of these although I did make a larger haxagonal version of something similar a few years ago and still use it for my sewing bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous work, and love the colours
    Jose

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)