Followers

Monday 27 July 2009

Mixed media canvas/collage


Finally I have managed to finish off this large canvas that I started at a workshop a couple of weeks ago. I didn't like the finished image which was of the lady "clutching" a man to her - it just didn't work so I blocked him out totally and then just added her in full.

This started off as a blank 20" x 28" canvas (extremely daunting!!!) which was covered, using PVA adhesive, with various tissue paper, old music sheets, bus tickets etc etc. I then painted it over with gesso before starting my female portrait using acrylic paints. Over her hair and dress I have painted on an iridescent medium.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)