Followers

Sunday 31 January 2010

Valentine's card

Recently I downloaded a digistamp from Digital Pencil Too and thought she would be ideal for a Valentine's card for my DH. Also, just by chance you understand.............. my heart nesties have also just arrived - so what's a girl to do but play!!! lol

I printed the image twice onto inkjet card and coloured both with copics. I cut out one of the images and decoupaged it onto of the main image. Using my heart nesties I cut out two pieces of red felt and it cut like an absolute dream. I added some lace around the edge and stitched it together. I left a small gap so I could fill the heart with wadding and then completed the sewing. The heart was then placed on top of the heart in the image. I found some paper roses that matched and cut off the corner of a polybag diagonally which looked like the cellophane you get real flowers wrapped in; added a piece of ribbon and attached that to the heart. The sentiment was computer generated and both that and the main image were layered on black and silver mirri. The backing paper was from my stash (Elusive Images I think) with a piece of red card and some ribbon placed across the middle. A silver peel off finished the card. As the card is pretty dimensional I will now have to make a box for it as there's no way it will fit in an envelope! Hope he likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)