Followers

Tuesday 30 March 2010

Bah Humbug Challenge - Peel Offs

As I hadn't joined in with the Bah Humbug challenges for the last couple of weeks I was determined to have a go at their latest challenge - peel offs. As they say "love them or hate them" - well I must admit to having quite a few boxes of peel offs but apart from using corners and borders the rest tend to just sit there.

So I got out my Christmas peel off box and rifled through to see what I could use for this challenge. Well I found not one peel off, but three and I couldn't choose between them - so to make up for missing some of their challenges I actually have made three cards; which means my Christmas card box is getting fuller!! lol

This first one uses the waste (negative) from a three kings peel off. I used a low tack sellotape over the negative image and rubbed over it with a bone folder. I then lifted the image carefully and placed it down on some silver mirri card (sorry, this doesn't show up well in the photo). This was then matted onto a piece of black mirri. I hunted through my Christmas paper box and found a left over scrap of text paper and guess what - it is the text of the carol "We Three Kings" - pretty appropriate I thought. This was matted onto silver and black mirri. The main card is an A6 black textured card and finished off with some gems and a ribbon bow.


For my next card I used a bauble peel off and layed it over some Graphicus patterned paper and then cut it out. This was matted onto red and gold mirri. The main A6 card front was covered in the same paper. I used three peel off stars and greeting and finished off with a red ribbon and a smaller bauble peel off. Finally I put some red Stickles on the bauble.

My last offering is using a candle and tag peel off. I placed these onto acetate and sprayed the back with Crafters Companion Stick & Stay and then added metallic flakes. The candle image is matted onto some green card with an edging of Copper Krylon pen. I had some lovely embossed gold text card which I used on the front of the A6 card; tied a green ribbon across and added the peel off tag with a bow. I laid the waste of a holly leaf in the top right hand corner and more waste (holly berries I think) at the bottom right hand corner.

Hope you enjoy looking at my three cards made up entirely from peel offs.



7 comments:

  1. Yowzer Karen!
    You have demonstrated perfectly how versatile peel offs can be and how they lend themselves to so many fabulous techniques.
    I love all your beautiful cards and thank you for joining us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for fishing out your peel-offs and coming up with three cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen

    Wow, you are an absolute STAR. Your cards are just amazing with all of your different techniques. Each are so different but gorgeous.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

    luv
    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for creating 3 different peel off effects....and as you say your christmas card pile is growing.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 gorgeous cards, you have been busy since I have been away with beadwork too... love the new siggy too
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooooooooooooh absolutely gorgeous Karen. Love them and as I've just bought some of those metallic flakes myself it's great to get some imspiration.
    Glad to see you back with us at Bah! Humbug! especially with such a great selection of work.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, what beautiful cards. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)