Followers

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Bah Humbug!!!! Stitching challenge

I've been playing about trying to complete the Bah Humbug!!! latest challenge which is stitching. I took a base A5 card and cut a piece of SU green card to use as a mat. I then cut a piece of card from My Mind's Eye Christmas Glitter Book. I used a zigzag stitch in red thread to mount one on top of the other, sewed a snowflake design all the way round the card and stitched circles around some of the holly berries.

I cut a piece of pewter to size and put it through my Big Shot with a Dreamweaver's stencil - as the pewter is so soft it really embossed it very well. I zigzagged around the pewter in red thread and mounted this on the main card using silicone glue. Finally I put some Stickles in the centre of the holly berries and also on the snowflake and used a Copic pen to highlight the N, E and L. I had a small piece of pewter left over which I had trimmed from the main piece and couldn't resist winding it round a skewer to curl it and add it to the top left corner.

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. This a very different card...love the fancy stitches.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - you have managed a lot of real stitching and the embossed pewter is an interesting addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Karen that is special - love it.
    Good luck in the draw.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really impressed with all your stitching and love how you have even incorporated it around your stencilled embellishment - fabulous!
    Thank you for joining us at Bah! Humbug! this week and good luck in the prize draw.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen

    This is gorgeous and I love your snowflake for the letter O in Noel. Your stitching is amazing.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

    luv
    irene
    Bah! Humbug!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)