Followers

Sunday 21 March 2010

Something old and something new...........

My great cyber buddy Liz of Make a Lasting Impression kindly sent me a sheet of her precious, mainly unobtainable, Grungepaper to have a play with. I haven't used it before and although very pliable it is quite fibrous and my punches didn't like it - so ended up putting it through my Big Shot with a scalloped circle Nestie. I spritzed with Glimmer Mists and then followed Tim Holtz' instructions for making his rose. I think it would be easier using a plain circle Nestie as the scallops don't help when curling the petals. Anyway I ended up making a couple and then had to make a card to put one on! I used my Clarity Stamps "Velvet" lady and dug out some fantasy fibres which had been lurking on a shelf for a very long time (something old). I decided to use two colours for her outfit which I was quite pleased with. The backing card is from my stash with an offcut edged with my Martha Stewart Arched Lattice punch, some mirri card behind and a ribbon added. The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set, matted and layered using the SU oval and scalloped oval punches. The leaves are made using my L-Em Fern punch.

The other day I was watching Create & Craft when they featured their Loopi Loom. I loved the effect you got with the scarf but thought it was pretty expensive at £22.99 for a piece of wood and a couple of dowel rods........... so I fluttered my eyelashes at my DH and no sooner said than done and I had my very own version. Last night I made two scarves using it and here is a photo of one of them.

This next card is a simple one made for a friend. I used the Papermania stamp set coloured with ProMarkers. The backing paper was from a SU set. I added a piece of ribbon and some gems. The sentiment is from a SU set and matted and layered using their punches.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been a busy girl.....the rose is is lovely and love the effect on the dress with the fibres. What would we do without our 'hubbies'making things for our crafting?

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you've not been idle since I saw you last. The grunge paper flower is great (and the rest of the card) but like you I was surprised just how thick and fibrous it is to use and I certainly couldn't punch it at all. Well done for getting your personal version of the loopi loom and the scarf looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)