Followers

Thursday 20 May 2010

Pastel Workshop

We had a great day yesterday at our pastel workshop. Our tutor for the day was Richard Turner who was brilliant and, of course, made everything look extremely easy - unfortunately when we had our go in the afternoon it turned out to be a bit more tricky!!!! lol Most of our group hadn't attempted painting with pastels before and mostly use watercolours. I must say that pastels are much more forgiving than watercolours as you can layer lights over darks and if you don't like what you've done you can virtually scrape it back to the paper and start again.

I thought I'd be brave and share with you my attempts at a pastel landscape. I was reasonably pleased with the way it turned out for a first attempt and when Richard put a mount over the painting it enhanced it so I think I might frame it and see how it looks. Richard runs workshops at his home where he has a studio and as it's quite near to us I think I might sign up for a couple and see how I get on.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Well done for your first foray into pastels - a very dusty medium to work with as I recall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously impressive for a first attempt. I really love the colours. Well done you.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm really impressed and yes you should frame it....cant believe its your first attempt.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)