Followers

Monday 19 July 2010

Die Cut Dreams "Santa" Challenge

This week's challenge over at Die Cut Dreams is Santa.  As I had just picked up a Papermania decoupage and pyramage kit (Silent Night) I thought I would make good use of it.

I actually managed to get three cards out of this kit so am entering them all into the challenge as I couldn't decide between them!!  The top one is an easel card and I layered the Santa decoupage on some pearlised card and then added Glamour Dust for some "bling".  I put some ribbon and a bow in the left hand top corner and used a Martha Steward corner punch.  The sentiment is from the kit mounted onto some mirri card as is the "stopper" for the easel card.

The next card was actually included in the kit so I just decoupaged the main image, added Glamour Dust, the greeting and a small bow.

The third card is made up from a square card blank with a strip of holy paper from the Papermania Silent Night pack.  I added a ribbon from my stash down the edge of the paper and then layered up the pyramage on the white card.  The sentiment was included in the kit and then I added some red Stickles as faux gems and to add some dimension to the holly berries.  I had a small piece of the holly paper left over so punched out shapes to make a flower with and added a red brad.

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. you were certainly quick off the mark and have made excellent use of your kit bought on Saturday. I do like that traditional Santa image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job getting three cards out of the kit, I love the vintage Santa's, thanks so much for joining us at the DCD Christmas Club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crad, looks a bit vintage, I love it!
    thank you for playing with us this week at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vintage card
    Thanks for Playing with us at DCD Christmas Club this week
    Hugs Susie and the Christmas Dream Team xxx
    PS I don't know if you know you have word verification switched on, just to let you know that if you have word verification switched on in the future your readers may not want to leave you a comment (you might not even know you have it switched on)
    It is so easy to switch off and if you us comment moderation you can still monitor your comments, and if you switch off word verification you will get lots more comments from your readers
    Heres what to do if you don't already know;
    Click customize
    Then click the settings tab
    Then click comments , scroll down to "Show word verification for comments?" and just clock "No"
    At this point if you want to turn on "Comment moderation" you can just fill in this section with your email address etc on the same page, personally I don't have this on either and I don't get any problems
    I hope you don't mind me saying this its just that word verification slows us all up and take the fun out of blogging
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)