Followers

Monday 9 August 2010

Die Cut Dreams "Snowmen" Challenge

The challenge this week from Die Cut Dreams is Snowmen.  I haven't got any snowmen stamps so went looking through my digistamp files to see what I could find.

In the end I found two images and couldn't decide which one to use so, in the end, used both!!  The first one is a snowman iceskating and can be found here.  The second one was a pre coloured image of a snowman sitting with a bird on a branch which can be found here.

I coloured the skating snowman with ProMarkers and added some glitter glue for highlights.  Matted and layered onto nesties.  I made an easel card and covered it with paper from My Mind's Eye Glitter stack and then punched a border using a Martha Stewart edger.  The addition of a ribbon and sentiment finished the card.  With the snowman and bird I matted and latered onto nesties and added some Polar White flowersoft to the snow and then some glitter glue for highlights.  Again I used paper from My Mind's Eye for the backing.  I then cut a strip of navy cardstock and put it through my Big Shot with a Crafts Too embossing folder and matted this onto silver mirri.  The sentiment is from the Papermania Silent Night set, silver embossed and matted onto silver mirri.  A bow and flower were added.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Both lovely cards Karen, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation and cute image! Thanks for playing at DCD's Xmas Challenge! hugs, Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two super cards - I spotted that skating snowman the other day isn't he lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snowman and I love the Joy and Peace at the bottom, thanks for joining us this week at the DCD Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)