Followers

Sunday 5 September 2010

Angels, From the Realms of Glory

Bah Humbug's challenge this week is Christmas Carols.  On a cream square card blank I mat and layered some sheet music paper (which was downloaded free from the internet) onto black card.  I have taken the first verse from Angels, From the Realms of Glory, which I suppose is more of a Christmas Hymn than a Carol, and printed it out onto pearlised cream card.  If you are quick you can then emboss it with clear embossing powder (printer ink doesn't dry so quickly on coated card) which I did.  I then cut it out with my nesties and matted it onto a larger gold mirri die cut.  I then used a stamp from Stamps Away called Large Angel of Peace and embossed it in gold onto cream pearlescent card.  I then stamped and embossed a second image onto vellum.  I cut out the original image and just the wings from the vellum which were added using Pinflair Gel.  I then added a small ribbon bow and some pearls.

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card for Christmas very effective in cream and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this is a 'posh' christmas card, very classy Karen.


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen

    What a beautiful card. Black and gold work so well together, each complimenting. Your angel is gorgeous and I especially like the vellum wings. Perfect.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

    irene
    xxx
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is just so classy - a real stunner.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Bah! Humbug! And good luck in our prize draw this week.
    Ann xxx

    http://craftworkblog.blogspot.com/
    http://bah-humbug-christmas.blogspot.com/
    http://challengemania.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - very classic and traditional look. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)