Followers

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Rustic Beauty

The September challenge over at Flourishes is:  Rustic Beauty: As the leaves start to change colors to usher in fall, we want to see your rustic beauty! Interpret this challenge however you like – want to use a little distressing? Want to use shades of rust? Want to use things that look aged or antiqued? You choose!  


I have just made a card which is the homework card, the theme of which was Autumn, for our club night on Wednesday and it seems to fit the bill.  On a square cream card blank I used some backing paper from the new Artylicious Essence of Nature CD 

This is in lovely autumnal colours.  I then die cut some leaves, using my Spellbinders leaf dies, in varying colours and, leaving the die still on the card, inked each one with chalk inks.  I then stamped the pheasant (from SU Autumn Days set) using Big & Juicy Spice and clear embossed.  I also stamped the sentiment which is from the SU Sincere Salutations using the same recipe as above.  I then cut this out using my nesties Lacy Circles and mounted it on co-ordinating card which had been stamped and embossed using SU Large Medallion stamp.  A ribbon down the side of the card, some gems and Stickles copper glitter glue completed the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Well done for getting your 'homework' done on time - I think I might need these leaf dies!! very autumnal feel to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Karen...I had better get my finger out and get mine done, dont want a slapped wrist tomorrow night...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Karen!
    The colors looks awesome and
    the leaves are so beautiful!
    Thanks for playing the BBB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!! Your colours are wonderful and love the leaves!! Thanks for playing the BBB challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)