Followers

Saturday 23 October 2010

Bah Humbug - Elegance

This week's challenge over at Bah Humbug is "Elegance".

Although I have already used the "Peace" stamp from Clarity Stamps I hadn't had a chance to use the Noel Stamp I got in the same order.  So - elegance - I suppose it is up to each person to decide what is elegant to them but I hope I have achieved it in this card.  I started off stamping the word with Versamark onto white card and embossing in silver.  From a sheet of handmade paper in my stash I then cut out four ovals that would fit inside the O of Noel.  I then folded them in half and stuck each half to the next one to make a sort of paper bauble effect.  This was then stuck on top of the letter.

The image was then inked in silver and mounted onto silver mirri with each edge notched with a SU punch.  The remainder of the handmade paper was matted onto silver mirri and placed on a square white card blank.  A strip of silver ribbon was placed near the bottom of the card with a white organza bow placed on top.  With some scraps of the handmade paper I punched out some flower shapes which I used with some Prima flowers.  Finishing touches were some gems.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Karen

    Oh my giddy aunt - your card is just amazing and gorgeous. The white and silver colour combination makes such an elegant statement.
    I love the bauble effect in the letter O - so gorgeous and perfect for our challange.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen your card is elgant to you and me too, love the silver and white combo and those extra's really finish the card off.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes this is elegant, love the backing paper you have used and silver and white have worked well

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an elegant card and I like the paper bauble effect - clever! I'm still trying to decide what is elegant amongst my stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Karen - love what you have done with the paper folding inside the letter - very clever and very effective.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,
    Silver and white will always be elegant but your clever 3D element makes your card even more so. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)