Followers

Monday 7 February 2011

Faux Pressed Flowers

Just a quick post today.  I saw this great tutorial over on Splitcoaststampers for Faux Pressed Flowers.

On a piece of white card cut to fit a 5"x7" card blank I stamped a flourish and sentiment using a Big & Juicy pad and then chose some paper flowers to match the colours.  These were glued onto the flourish  and then put through my Joy die cutting machine in a Cuttlebug embossing folder - it's quite amazing how these 3D flowers almost become part of the background.  It was then mounted on the cardblank and I added some co-ordinating paper.  I then used a Martha Stewart punch to punch two borders - the top one I added some matching ribbon and a ribbon bow.  All the card needed then was the addition of some gems and it was finished.  If you don't like the flat finish you can lift up the petals of the flowers.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. This is very effective - I saw the tutorial but haven't got around to trying it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I too saw this, must give it a go. Lovely card Karen

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, and great idea, they really look moulded into the card

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)