Followers

Friday 20 May 2011

Bah Humbug Challenge 20 - Kinetic cards

Hi Folks - this week's challenge over at Humbug Hall is to make a kinetic card.

I decided to make my version of a circle slider card which turned out a bit like a penny slider that goes round - if that makes sense!!!  lol

I didn't have any instructions so just had a bit of a play.  I decided to use a blank CD to move the object around the main image and took a piece of card and drew around the CD.  I then cut out some card which measured twice the length so I could fold this in half to house the CD inside.  Still working on the inside of the card I decided how far in I wanted the circle slide part of the card to be.  I actually used my EK Success Circle Scissor to cut this out - it made life so much easier and you get a perfectly clean cut.  I then used a SU circle punch to cut out the finger hole at the side to enable you to "slide" the CD around.  The white and green snowflake card was in my stash and I'm not sure where it came from.  For the main image I die cut two shapes with my nesties and used a snowflake image from the SU Serene Snowflake set.  I stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed in white glittery e/p.  The slider part is a digi sentiment which I punched out using a SU punch.  I cut some d/s foam pads to size and placed them on the CD through the aperture making sure they didn't foul the card and then added the sentiment.  I popped on a snowflake from a Martha Stewart punch and added some gems.  The whole piece was then mounted onto a square card blank so I could put an insert inside.

Hope my explanation was clear enough but feel free to email if you want clarification.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Well that is a really clever card - this topic is going to challenge us this week and no mistake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very clever use of a CD, and I just love the colour. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a gorgeous card and very well done too..love the colours !
    Hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card and thank-you for sharing such a great idea. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just lurrrrve this card Karen. From the beautiful colour with all the beautiful snowflakes, tot he idea of using a CD as your moving part. You have put it together beautifully and the end result is going to wow some lucky person when it drops through their door at Christmas.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Karen.....love your colours on your card.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed you did all this without instruction, wowee! it's a fab card & I love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation Karen - so clever - a really stunning contribution to our challenge. Love it.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)