Followers

Saturday 18 June 2011

Bah! Humbug! - Scarves & Mittens

This week's challenge over at Humbug Hall is scarves & mittens.  I must admit to having a slight problem this week as I was going to have a look through some of my Christmas CD's but my printer is poorly and even if I'd found something suitable I couldn't have printed it out.  I think it's taken pity on Max and come out in sympathy!!!  lol

Anyway I couldn't think of any stamps that would fit the bill but came across one of these lovely toppers from Lili of the Valley which has scarves and mittens in abundance.  I started off by die cutting my base card using my Spellbinders' Book Pages dies.  I trimmed the topper and then die cut the mat with a scalloped square die which was then embossed with an Impressabilities plate and then sponged through with Distress Ink Fired Brick.  The backing paper and ribbon are from my stash and the sentiment is a peel off.  The addition of a couple of gems and some flexible border peel offs finished the card.

Thanks for dropping by.

9 comments:

  1. Awwww Karen ... if your printer's feeling as off colour as I am then I pity you lol!
    This is a beautiful card and the LOTV image is adorable ... but then aren't they all? I also love the plaid paper which is a super match. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card and very festive too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Karen love the touch of tartan ribbon

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and the image is so right for the theme. Sorry to hear about your printer - hope it recovers soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Karen, love the red col's, thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! Hugs Wendy GD x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and the tartan bakground, in all its a fab card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card - that image is adorable.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love the LOTV images too. Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug!
    Hugs Christine GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)