Followers

Thursday 25 August 2011

Purple Poppies - A colour challenge - Chocolate Baroque

Glenda's just issued a challenge over on her blog which originated from beautiful poppies seeding themselves in the gravel where they park their cars.  They are such an unusual colour she has issued the challenge based on their colours.  As I've been off line all day due to problems with BT I thought I'd play along with this as the colours are gorgeous.......

I started off with the Artylicious Essence of Nature CD and printed out some background paper and a tag.  I then found some lovely circle frames which I also printed out.  I've then taken an 8x8" scalloped card blank and matted on some purple card which had the top and bottom edges punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch.  The background paper was matted onto some pewter mirri and black card and I then criss-crossed some purple ribbon over.  The main image is a Penny Black stamp called "Flying Stars" which I inked with Distress Inks and clear embossed.  I then used a Quickie Ink Pen and added glitter.  I cut out the circle frame using my EK Success circle cutter and added some acetate behind the aperture.  I used some shaker tape around the frame and added some more glitter to the image and mounted on top of the background papers.  The sentiment and tag were from the Essence of Nature CD and I then added some flowers.

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment as they are always appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and well done for rising to the challenge of using that unusual poppy colour. Surprising how much can be achieved when you can't spend time on the computer LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking part Karen - the link is sorted on my blog now. Gorgeous card - love the way you have used the circle card off the CD.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card it's gorgeous
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)