Followers

Monday 12 September 2011

Bah Humbug - Challenge 36 - Paper Weaving

This weeks challenge over at Humbug Hall is paper weaving.  Had to have a little think about this one but ended up with a heart shaped Christmas card.  I started off using two pieces of light cardstock from my stash cut to 14cm by 9cm and I rounded the top of each piece (I used an old CD).  I then made four cuts (giving 5 strips) from the bottom edge to about three quarters of the way up to the top.  I then inked all the edges and used a swirl stamp over both pieces.  I then put both pieces together at right angles weaving each strip over and under the co-ordinating strip on the other piece.  I then fastened the loose ends and used d/s tape to attach it to a 6"x6" card base.  I then cut around the heart shape.  The cute baby polar bear and star are from Stamp addicts Polar Bears SA-6019.  Coloured with Promarkers and die cut using nesties with matching scalloped mat behind.  Flowers are from my stash and leaves were made using my Nellie Snellen punches.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up Contempo Christmas set.  I added a bow and matching ribbon.

Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card Karen....love that little bear stamp..pretty colours too.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen, love the polar bear:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is great! Pretty papers and that polar bear is just so huggable! Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

    Barb, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. A clever bit of weaving on this - great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! Your woven heart is gorgeous and would make a beautiful keepsake gift for the tree. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)