Followers

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Condolence card

Unfortunately I had to make a condolence card today - something none of us want to do but have to now and again.  I decided to use the lovely Marianne Designables cut and emboss - unfortunately it hasn't got a name on it but the code is DS0912 - it always reminds me of an eastern pattern.  I used Anna Marie's double sided white pearl card  which was mounted on some dark purple card (which looks blue in the photo).  I then die cut some tulips using my new Memory Box dies "Dancing Tulips" and the dies that match "Tulip Petals".  These extra petals are a little bit fiddly as they are so small but they give the flowers such extra dimension it's worth it.  I also used their "Willow Dragonfly" which is the smaller of the two dragonfly dies they have.  The sentiment is an Anita's stamp and I used Dusty Concorde DI to stamp it.  The finishing touches are a ribbon and three pearls.

 Thanks for stopping by.

 





3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Karen....as you say not the sort of cards we like making but great use of your new dies...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a difficult card to make hun but you have done it beautifully. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Karen, love the cut and emboss background!
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)