Followers

Thursday 2 August 2012

Less is More - Week 78 - Sketch



This week's challenge set by those luscious lovelies at Less is More is a sketch challenge:





"Simplicity itself" is how they describe it......... hmmm I wonder!

I have actually come up with two cards for this challenge; the first one is especially for Kate over at Downright Crafty who wanted to see what I was doing with my little stash of Bella Christmas stamps!!!  lol  So the first one is using a Wild Rose Studio stamp called Starry Night.  I've stamped the image in London Fog Memento ink and coloured with Flexmarkers.  I've then added Glamour Dust for that extra bit of sparkle and die cut with a nestie.  The backing paper is from the matching WRS Christmas pack and it's been matted onto a piece of silver mirri where I've scored two lines at the top and the border is a Martha Stewart punch.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up Beautiful Season and I've added some Liquid Pearls.

My second card  was "simplicity itself".......... I've used my pine tree border die from Poppy Stamps on a piece of green Bazzill cardstock.  The backing paper is actually dark purple (although I think it looks black in the photo) and I have put it through my Joy in an embossing folder to get a faux snow effect.  A piece of matching ribbon at the bottom and the border punch is Stampin Up.  Again I've added Liquid Pearly and the sentiment is from "Here Comes Santa" by IndigoBlu.

So, two more Christmas cards to add to my stash!!!  lol

Thanks for dropping by.

14 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Karen particularly like your 2nd one with the reflection.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I should have mentioned.......for the reflection I used the negative from the pine tree die cut and used Pan Pastels to add a little colour to create a shadow/reflection.

      Delete
  2. Both fab but I love the blue one bestest!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely takes on the sketch. I do like the reflection in the second - it's so simple yet so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, oh my fabulous - love the way you have used the paper for the strip and I must say great choice of paper too and what a beautiful way to present the Starry Night image, love it and so pleased you showed me it was killing me. Love the reflection technique used on the second card another classy creation
    hugs Kate xx
    WRS DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both great cards but I too have a soft spot for those pine trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh to be called a 'luscious lovely'... the mind boggles!
    These are great Karen and how clever of you to be getting ahead with Christmas cards!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just look at you getting a jump on getting a few Christmas cards ready! Both of them are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards Karen, love the pine trees and the reflection, could see it in lots of colour ways:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fab! Lovely colours and love that little elephant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did LOL at your luscious lovely comment...if only *sigh*
    terrific cards, love the green one
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see you got the PP's out then about time Mrs ! two fantbulous cards and so different, any chance of you donating them to the "Marie is too lazy to make Christmas cards " charity as I know they would be gratefully received !!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 fantastic cards, I love the green one so simple, elegant and effective

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)