Followers

Friday 18 January 2013

LIM Challenge 102 - Sport or Exercise

Just managed to post this by the skin of my teeth............this week's challenge over at Less Is More is:

So it's everybody's favourite this week.... One Layer Cards... and we have chosen a fab theme for you....
Sports or Exercise
We would like to see sports or exercise themed cards.. this could be an image or even a sentiment or sporting quote.

I don't really have many sporting/exercise stamps but remembered this delightful digistamp from Mo Manning and I thought it would definitely fit the bill!!!  After all housework is exercise isn't it?  lol
I went into my CraftArtist programme and drew a circle on my page, imported the image and added the text.  I then printed it out and put it in my embossalicious e/f and placed my embossing diffuser over the top lining it up with the printed circle.  I then ran it through my eBosser and ended up with the surrounding card embossed leaving the circle and image free from embossing.  The image was coloured with Flexmarkers and I added Stickles to the wings.

On a slightly different tack I mentioned on Wednesday that it was my friend Darnell's 42nd wedding anniversary and posted a card for her and her Mister.  If you haven't had the delightful experience of visiting her blog then you really must!  She always makes my day and raises chuckles along the way.  Another blogging friend Ardyth at MASKerade got in touch with lots of Darnell's friends saying how nice it would be to make a card and also post our wedding photos.  I wasn't in a position to post any photos on Wednesday as I needed to scan/photograph my photos (as they are soooo old!!! lol).  So here is a quick snap of Tony and me on our wedding day back in 1990.
Thought, whilst I was at it, I would post a couple of photos I took this morning.  Here is the view out of my craftroom window:

Thanks so much for visiting - I hope wherever you are you keep warm and safe.  Happy crafting.














13 comments:

  1. Great card Karen and yes housework certainly is exercise!
    Well we have certainly had some snow and its still snowing..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i need to learn this embossing diffuser technique!!

    great little card karen
    Thanks for joining us
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fave Mo Manning images - and a great card - sadly I don't think housework is exercise - it's a CHORE!!! Send her to me to do mine please!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with Anniversary Fun, Karen! Lovely view out your window, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and of course housework is exercise - not my favourite kind though!! Thanks for sharing the photos which is the best place for the snow we've had today - to disruptive for my liking although it was pretty before the cars got out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, I have definitely being doing too much hous---- I mean exercise today!! No more snow so far but they say we are getting loads today just hasn't arrived yet.

    Cute card and fun too.

    Gorgeous photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Karen and thankfully I've not had to don my fairy wings till tomorrow!!No point when the builders are here. Michele has lent me her slow cooker so meals should improve now:) I've just been looking at your craft room photos, I nearly missed them and it looks brilliant! I shall expect a workshop next time we visit:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card Karen, brilliant image pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Karendipity, what a lovely picture of you two!! Thank you for going back and linking it! I love your headwear and the soft vintage look of the photo and how happy you both look! But, please, it is NOT old. 1990? Try 1971?!! You guys have only just begun. Hey, that was our wedding song. We should have done that, too. It will have to be the next idea. I was so sad when Karen Carpenter died. Well, no surprise, I'm waffling on up in the air again!

    Back to you. Your fairy card is smashing!! How you did it sounded all Greek to me. Your machinery to do all that sounds wonderful and makes for a brilliant card!

    Thank you, too, for sharing your picturesque snow scenes and especially the bird ones! I hope you don't get too much snow so it's a pain.

    Have a great weekend creating in your new haven! Mwah! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great image and love the diffusion technique. Enjoyed the picture sharing too - don't spend too much time looking out of the window when you should be crafting though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. firstly hope you like the video, secondly is that me on that image, nope that is the fairy you are sending me for my craft room so mine looks like yours !!!!! gorgeous image, great colouring and superb card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen, love love love your wedding piccie how romantic which is in stark contrast to your card made me laugh ! Tell me this though I have the diffusers and try as I might I cannot get the right sandwich for this to work in the ebosser help !!! Fantastic snowy photo's what a wonderful view you have, I bet its gorgeous without the snow too.

    Marie

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know how I missed your card last week, I'm really sorry for the tardy visit! It's simply terrific! That embossing gizmo sounds great!
    Super pic too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)