Followers

Saturday 20 April 2013

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #11

Happy Saturday everyone - hope you're looking forward to a relaxing weekend.  Where do the weeks go?  It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS and this week the theme has been chosen by the lovely Caz.  Here are the details:

Our amazing sponsor this week is Bugaboo Stamps!!!! They are generously offering you a pack of 7 digi's from their store!!!
I've made two cards, both with images from Bugaboo.  The first is using their SCENEIT Ladybugs and on the second I have used their Silhouette Hummingbird Flowers digistamp.  
 
I printed out the ladybugs digi onto printer card and coloured with Flexmarkers.  I then used a Spellbinders nestie to die cut the image in the shape of a flower and before I took it out of the die I sponged DI Dried Marigold around the edges.  I added Crystal Lacquer to the flower centres, the ladybugs, butterflies and water drops on the petals and leaves.  The sentiment is from the Stampin Up Circle of Friendship set and was die cut and sponged as above.  It looked a little stark just putting it on a plain white card blank and then I remembered I had an embossing folder that had flowers of a similar shape......so off I went and it was exactly where it was supposed to be.....hehe.  It is the Creative Expressions EF-004 Floral e/f.  I placed the card blank in it so the central panel would be embossed and then I embossed a line top and bottom of the design.  Image and sentiment were popped up on d/s foam pads.

For the second card I printed off the silhouette image on my laser printer and then foiled it with a lovely blue foil.  It was then mounted on a matching piece of mirri card which I die cut using my Spellbinders Lacey Circles.  The sentiment was computer generated and foiled.  It was then die cut and matted using my Spellbinders D-Lites Ornamental Tags 2 dies.  The embossing down each side was done using my Stampin Up Simply Scored Borders Plate.  Please pop on over to the Addicted to CAS blog and see what lovely cards the DT have come up with and we look forward to seeing all your fantastic creations and visiting your blogs.
 Have a great weekend.


 




 



14 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Karen but the ladybugs are adorable:) Glorious day here today
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties Karen. The lady bugs have also stolen my heart. I love that image from Bugaboo. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards Karen..love your image it lovely and colourful...great foiling on your 2nd card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beautifully coloured image looks lovely on the diecut and lovely sponging too on your first card, Karen. The foiling on the diecuts on your second card looks amazing, that blue really pops on the white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards, Karen. I love reading about the techniques you have used. That foil is lovely!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Karen, you certainly know a million techniques I'm always boggled when I visit here by how you make your cards so much hard work goes into them and it shows. If I only new a quarter of what you know I would be extremely happy. wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely Karen. I don't know what foiling is but I love the effect!! I will have to look up that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards Karen. The coloring on the first is just perfect ... and I love the sponged edging and die-cut shape. The blue foil is so pretty and shiny and a lovely way to show off the gorgeous silhouette stamp. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab as always Karen & yes, I order from Papertrey's website :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been on a creative roll, Karendipity, and your cards are brilliant! I especially love the precious ladybug one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coloring and the gloddy accents are adorable, Karen!
    So much to see, but yet CAS!

    Hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! I love all of the colors you chose on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are very pretty, and I was dying to find out how you did the blue one. I am afraid that the foil is a little out of my realm of knowledge, but it is fabulous. The other thing I really liked was the sponging on the ladybug card. I was pleased to see you mentioned that you sponged it before you took off your Spellbinders die. What a great idea!! I can do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are so beautiful Karen! Love the colouring of the first one and the foil effect and colours of the second one are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)