Followers

Sunday 21 April 2013

Japanese Bookbinding

Hello everyone.  Just thought I'd make a quick post to show you a project I made yesterday at a Japanese Bookbinding workshop I went to.


Had a thoroughly good time and it was lovely to bring home a completed project, although, saying that, I have added to it today.  I made the basic book yesterday and then today I have added the beaded skewer, wooden heart button and copper maple leaf (which was sitting on my desk waiting to be used).  I also stamped the sentiment which comes from the Heartfelt Creations set HCPC3514 - Floral Fence - stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento ink both top left and bottom right (although it's not so clear due to the colouring of the paper on the cover).  Not sure I've chosen the right ribbon for the closure so may end up changing that.

Right, just going to catch up on some blog posts and then off to start dinner.  Hope you've all had a good weekend.

See you soon.





5 comments:

  1. wow that is gorgeous bet you had a fabulous time
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project Karen can't wait to see it IRL:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project Karen and like you completed book..I agree with you about the ribbon ...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks lovely Karen - a very successful workshop!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)