Followers

Tuesday 30 July 2013

And another one...........!

Well, this must be a record for me........three cards in three days for the same challenge!!! lol  As you have probably realised there is a new challenge over at the Less is More blog.  They have given us a Pinterest Photo for inspiration and wow, what a photo:

Are these shoes fab or are they fab?

Whilst looking at these gorgeous shoes and envying anyone who could actually walk in them(!) they reminded me of a stamp I had tucked away which is part of a clear stamp set by Habico called Wedding Images 2.  The actual stamp of the man and woman is a negative stamp and it was just the lines of the stamp made me think of the back of the shoes, the bows and heels - what do you think?


Now I know this isn't really a CAS card as I've used my Spellbinders Enchanted Labels dies but thought it all went in a sort of Art Deco way............  the sentiment is stamped using Studio G alphabet stamp set.  I embossed the main image using detail black e/p.

Now my great blogging buddy Darnell asked if I would post some photos of the new trellis and archway we've just been putting up so here they are, two new trellis panels joining the rest along the raised bed with a trellised archway at the end.  I used to use the raised bed for all my vegetables which I used to show at exhibitions (never would have guessed that one eh? lol).  Anyway I don't grow so many now, just enough for the pair of us and decided to make the raised bed into a perennial flower bed and had some climbers so that's the reason for the extra trellis.
 
View from the back garden showing the trellis dividing the garden from the driveway, garage and sheds at the front.
Aren't these tree lillies lovely, courgettes under them, lettuce on the bottom left.
The large "balls" are actually my over-wintered leeks flowering!  The bees absolutely adore them and I would definitely grow them again just for the flowers..........mind you I'll probably get enough seeds to supply the world!  Let me know if you want some..........

We're getting strange weather here now - after 3 weeks of blazing sunshine the last few days have seen thunder, torrential rain and sunshine - at the moment it looks really threatening outside but it's really warm at the same time.  So, good for the garden I suppose.

Thanks for dropping by.












10 comments:

  1. I can see where you are coming from with this stamp - good choice. You have been busy with this challenge. I wish my garden looked as nice as yours - thanks for letting us take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be on a roll with your shoe cards Karen another lovely card..your trellis makes such a difference and your lilies are gorgeous I like them in the garden but not indoors

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. another fabulous shoe card Karen, beautiful garden
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, Oh yes! I see exactly what you mean, super card, fits perfectly! Your garden looks really gorgeous, so many flowers!!! Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and a beautiful garden- it's winter here at present and it would be good to see some colour in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow three cards, you are on a roll! Garden's looking great, love the mix of veg and flowers:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen
    Fabulous garden.... Gorgeous wedding card ... I have these stamps to.... Forgotten all about them.....i have ordered the Marianne Die on the shoe card.... And a few other Dies... All your fault.... Lol.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no stopping you this week. Great inspiration for the card.
    Your garden is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just home from work, Karendipity, and I came right over to see the beautiful garden and trellis! You two did an outstanding job on that trellis and your garden is sumptuous with the leek balls (WOW SO COOL), lilies, lettuce ... I'm just earmarking the "l" words this time! Thank you for sharing and sharing about the exhibition veggies, too. It's nice to get to know you even better!!

    Way to go on your third LIM challenge card! I think you should get a prize just for that! Your card does remind me of those shoes!! xxoo Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh like this one, very classy and what a gorgeous garden you have :) Thank you for your fabulous comment "blushes" from you it meant the world
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)