Followers

Sunday 4 August 2013

The Male Room - Anything Goes

Afternoon everyone - hope you're all having a good weekend.  Very overcast and breezy here today but still warm.

There is a new challenge on the block called The Male Room which, as it says on the tin, is for men only cards.  I think most of us have trouble with cards for men - such difficult creatures eh? lol

Their first challenge is Anything Goes and as I needed to make a card celebrating my youngest nephew's 30th birthday I thought I would kill two birds with one stone.........so to speak!



This card actually didn't turn out how I envisaged at the beginning.......but that's often the case eh?  I started with the clock which is a Papertrey die, as are the hands and numbers.  Die cut from bronze mirri card with black for the numbers and hands.  I mounted it onto a scalloped circle which I sponged with DI Gathered Twigs.  The kraft card blank is Anna-Marie Designs.  The mats have been die cut using Spellbinders Grand Squares and embossed using Embossalicious Dotty A4 e/f.  The top sentiments are Clearly Besotted Shine Bright and Make a Wish sets.  The main sentiment is SU Memorable Moments die cut with SU Framelits.  I die cut his name Keir using Memory Box Large Classic Alphabet.  The metal elements are from my stash.

Whatever you're doing have a great day.  Thanks for dropping by.




14 comments:

  1. A brilliant masculine card Karen - the stamps and embellishments are fab. and I love the layout.
    I would find it a lot easier to make male cards, if only they liked flowers, glitter and lace!
    Have a great week - hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men's cards so hard to make but you have made this so beautiful and masculine at the same time ,I agree with Sylvia if only they liked Bling !!!!!!!
    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! A great man's card Karen, I struggle with them but this is fab, well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Keir will be so thrilled to receive this wonderful personalised card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of elements but the card looks fab, I'm sure Keir was delighted. I know what you mean about cards not turning out ow you envisaged!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. Love all the metal and metal colored card stock ... I'm sure Keir will LOVE it! Great texture with the embossing and lots of depth with all the layers of goodness! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Karendipity, this looks like a museum piece, for display only, hands off! It is a treasure for Keir!! xxoo Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great man card, I love all the layers and texture and the fab colour scheme.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen
    Fabulous male card.....
    Hugs Sylviexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. now for some reason I thought I had already commented on this ace card, love the colour the texture and all the detail
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card Karen can't wait to see it IRL!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card!!!Having trouble with my computer,my blog scrappingg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very clever personalised card, I'm sure he loved it. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great male card I love all the texture you have added - thanks for sharing in The Male Room - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)