Followers

Friday 21 February 2014

New Home, Peppa Pig and Deer.............

Hello everyone - thought I'd pop by to share some cards I've recently finished.  The first one is for good friends of ours who are moving to West Sussex next week - we have been friends and neighbours for 17 years and we will be really sorry to see them go.

I used Britannia Dies Lattice Edge and Open Window for the front of the card.  I cut the Open Window twice so I could sandwich acetate inbetween to act as the "glass".  I stamped the house which is from Chocolate Baroque on the base card and coloured with Flexmarkers.  I then shaped the front to give the appearance of a bow-fronted window.  The sentiment is computer generated and printed on my laser printer, then foiled and die cut with a Spellbinders Labels die.  Flowers and butterflies from my stash.


The next two cards are commissions from a friend.  The first is for her granddaughter who will be three and loves Peppa Pig and the second is for Darren who has started running his own deer herd.  Maria had seen a card I'd made earlier using my Taylored Expressions Birch Tree and accessory dies and thought it would be perfect for him.

So the first one is Peppa Pig - not something I had in my stash so had to go hunting to find some colouring pages etc.  Luckily I found a few so took them into CraftArtist and used them along with a digikit which had zoo animals in it. I decoupaged up the bunting and the characters to give a bit of dimension, added Diamond Glaze to the "sausage shaped" balloon and then made up a circle sentiment which was die cut with circle nesties and popped up on a scalloped circle.


The last card is the deer card.  I started off layering up the trees - there are actually about four layers starting with light trees and coming to the fore with darker ones sponged with DI's.  The deer are a combination of the Taylored Expressions deer and my Memory Box deer trio die.  They have been weaved in and out of the trees, again with some in the background.  They were all diecut from kraft cardstock and sponged with DI's. The signpost is part of the TE accessories set, as is the birdhouse, owl and bird.  I diecut Darren's name using Die-Versions Editor in Chief font.  I finished off using Clearly Besotted's grass die and Poppy Stamps Leafy Tree Border.




Thanks for popping by.  Hope you all have a great weekend.

Happy crafting.








11 comments:

  1. Wow what fabulous designs, love all of them.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow is the word how stunning you are so very talented and I love seeing your next post
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually can't think of the right words to tell u how much I loved ur cards. Amazing!! Seems a small word :) ur window looks so real and so is the scene on ur third card. Love ur fun party card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi karen, fantastic cards, you have been busy.
    love them all.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen. Your cards are all so beautiful!! What a lovely window scene on the first one - loving the beautiful flowers and all the detail on the card!!
    As for Peppa - we LOVE Peppa - even my husband thinks they're cute!!! Your card is so cute - even little Dino is there!!! Very sweet!!
    Your deer card is a small piece of art, Karen!! So artistically done - I would never be able to make something like that!! A very beautiful, peaceful scene you've created!!!
    Have a lovely weekend!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really incredible card art, Karendipity!! You put so much work and care and love into these beautiful creations and I'm sure they will be treasured always!! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've certainly busy and I like all three cards. The deer one is particularly effective - clever stuff with CA and Peppa Pig too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Karen absolutely love the deers in the forest:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three fabulous cards Karen. What a lovely keepsake card for your neighbours that are moving away. And the pig card is so bright and fun.

    The deer card ... what can I say - it is AMAZING, STUNNING, FABULOUS ... I could go on and on. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great selection.- the deer are my favourite, they are fab and what a lot of work!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards Karen but yor deer or us my favourite also

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)